Chocolate chip cookies that are not only gigantic, but thick and almost as wide as a child’s face. (You know…for good measurement.) The whole batch only makes seven cookies, each weighing 116g. Not including the extra add-ins after it bakes. These chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy in the center and crunchy on the outside. A big ol’ bite of yum. Totally insta-worthy for a good boomerang video.
Although you do not need to chill the chocolate chip cookie dough, I popped mine in the fridge for 20 minutes. Again for good measure and to keep it all in shape with all that butter. My recipe specifies semi-sweet chocolate chips, but y’all can use whatever you want. Heck, if you’re not a chocolate fan, add marshmallows, nuts, crushed up candy, whatever.
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
● 250g all purpose flour
● 20g Oreo powder (optional)
● 2 tsp cornstarch
● 1 tsp baking soda
● 1/2 tsp salt
● 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
● 60g granulated sugar
● 90g brown sugar (light or brown)
● 1 extra large egg, room temperature
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 200g semi-sweet chocolate chips
● 90g chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, Oreo cookies powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until fully combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well and scrape down sides if needed.
- Add in the flour mixture and continue mixing.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Measure chocolate chip cookie dough into 116g portions using a measuring cup. It should make 7 large cookies. Roll balls so they are smooth and place 3 on each sheet. It should have a good amount of space between cookies.
- Bake both trays at a time, for 17-18 minutes. Cookies will be soft and chewy when it comes out of the oven, so let it cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes.
If you would like more chocolate chips on top of your cookie, add immediately when you remove the baking trays out of the oven.
If y’all decide to make 232g cookie or 1 cup cookie from this dough, that would be insane! I’m thinking of trying it and may up the baking time to 35 minutes. Happy baking and hope you enjoy these chocolate chip cookies.
This recipe has been adapted from Center Cut Cook. I have decreased the amount of sugars and added crushed Oreo cookie powder. You may choose to substitute with cocoa powder or leave it out altogether. Yes, my ingredients are in grams. I like to weigh my ingredients with a kitchen scale if I can. This translate to I am lazy and do not want to wash extra bowls, measuring sets and spoons. 🙂