Coffee Raspberry Macarons
When coffee doesn’t do the trick, whip up a batch of these coffee raspberry macarons. These macarons are paired with salted caramel and raspberry ganache. Super sugary treats, but just what we needed for a morning breakfast/drink.
Coffee Raspberry Macaron
- Sift together all the dry ingredients, which includes almond flour, powdered sugar, espresso powder and salt in a big bowl. Add half the egg whites in to create a paste and set aside.
- Boil the water and sugar until it reaches 118°C or 245°F. It’ll look like syrup at this point.
- In the stand mixer, whip up the other half of the egg whites until foamy peaks.
- When the sugar and water reaches the set temperature, pour the syrup into the stand mixer. Sometimes, I use a funnel because this allows the syrup to not drip along the side of my mixer bowl. Mix until stiff peaks form. Add in food coloring (optional) and the coffee extract.
- Add the meringue into the dry ingredients and fold until you can make the number 8 with your spatula or when meringue doesn’t fall on your head. 🙂
- After piping, let it rest for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Then bake at 300°F for 15-18 minutes. Oven temperatures will vary so check at 10 minute mark!